Use a computer
The Grand Junction Public Library is pleased to provide a world of information available to all individuals in the community through the Internet. Wireless access is also available. Please feel free to bring your laptop or tablet to the library
. Five computers are located in the computer room at the library a1 laptop for patrons to use.
- All computers have Internet access.
- All computers have Windows 10 and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
Internet Access Policy
- All persons wishing to use the Internet must sign a Limitation of Libility form.
- All children under 18 must have an Internet Access Consent Form signed by a parent of legal guardian on file at the library.
- Internet communications shall be considered private and confidentiality will be encouraged within the limits of a public environment and the requirements of the law.
- Internet offers access to many valuable local, national, and international sources of information. Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete, or current information. The library is not responsible for the accuracy of information found on the Internet.
- Internet access is available during normal library hours. Intenet time will be limited to 1 (one) hour per day. If there is a long waiting list access may be limited to 1/2 hour.
- Computer users must sign up at the circulation desk before using library computers.
- Printing is available for $.25 per page, color $.50.
- It is your responsibility to comply with all local, state, and federal laws including but not limited to those concerning copyright, fraud, privacy, or obscenity.
- As is the case with other materials in the library's collection, any restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. It is the responsibility of the parents to provide the oversight to ensure their children's use the Internet in an appropriate and safe manner.
- This library's does use Internet filters.
- Violations of these rules may lead to the suspension or revocation of Internet access at the library.